Thursday, October 22, 2009

1+1=2

i'm thirsty, God
so thirsty
filled with dreams so great, they freeze my fingertips
i'm trembling before you

because i've fallen in love.
and this love, it screams in definition
parting seas and exploding stars

how did i stumble upon the impossible?
sitting still in the darkness, just
fine
fine as dead, lusting after shadows
consumed, scattering into dust while satan teaches me to smile as my soul breaks, breaks, breaks.....

you.
how many splintering fields of glass did you have to walk through, before you found me?
how much of the darkness did you have to wade through to find my hand?
because i don't know what light feels like
not this light
they've lied to me before, the shadows
giving me the fluorescent and the fleeting, filling me then watching me bleed it all away, again
until my tears turned dry
but you didn't stop
i saw you, they tried to stop you, tried to hurt you
so badly
i didn't know you could bleed
i wanted to stop you, scream go back because maybe you thought i was someone else, someone worth saving, because i didn't even know who you were.
you didn't stop
i started to cry because in the light, i saw your blood flow as streams and streams
i have never before seen
what i saw in your eyes, as they hurt you
and my heart broke truly for the first time, as i learned what love was
you could have saved yourself then
but you didn't
you didn't stop

they killed you.


it is so dark
in here
cold, i am cold but how can it be warmth doesn't exist
i thought...
but it was a dream. love, love. oh, those eyes
silence.
one,
two,
three
Galaxies.
The spinning star The flowing stream Colors spilling just filling the darkness
Blue, yellow, red, brown, violet, orange, green
kissing every sky, sun, rose, earth, petal, fruit and tree
My eyes could see
hands and feet, the girl who helped the boy rise up from the dirt, her smile so real
an eagle gracing the sky with its magnificent wings, flying above an ocean with so much life beneath
so much life
i saw the mirror that is man, that is woman, reflecting the only truth i ever knew
That man.
The one who found me when I was at my last breath, the one who fought the darkness around me and in me
until his final breath
The one who said "I love you" with his eyes, conquering death forever
The one who, now I know, is the Giver of life
The one who showed me who God is

I have fallen in love.
His name is Jesus Christ, His name is God.
I do not know what religion is, but I do know what it feels like to dance with the Creator of the universe.
I am small, and this mind stretches to grasp what He has to say sometimes
The darkness lures me from time to time, and I fall
But love is always the net, and His arms are always open. He took the fall for me
What I can give, will never seem enough
What I can see, is just a glimpse of who He is
You think that reality is built upon 1+1
=2
He is more real to me than this.
More tangible than the wing of a butterfly.
My home is in eternity.

I am a living failure,
living in Victory

No comments:

Post a Comment