Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a Matter of

i know i know
it's embedded in my brain, taped all over
that trigger to my heart
to trust in You

and why wouldn't i trust
the man who died for me, the God who cries for me,
the Painter in the sky who knows me by name

but i don't want false trust, last-minute resort trust
that has scripted written all over it,
like it's just some automatic response
like i'm saying it just because David did

i want real trust

feeling my heart sink with a thousand weights
through an ocean of disorder,
yet being able to claim clarity at the very bottom of it all

walking through that valley where one breath is
sunshine and the other smoke, and trusting the one
who breathed life into me

i want to trust You.
i want to dance in the hurricane and sing the storm
to sleep because you are my God, my God who
has loved me to life

from death, to life
i trust You.

No comments:

Post a Comment