Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Way You Move

And now i'm just asking for You to show me
how You move
because i can't do it on my own,
how can i create without my Creator
show me the way You make the wind
move through the trees,
tousle my hair,
caress my face. 


i want to stand by Your side
when You conduct the morning
to see the light turn every leaf gold, watch
it overwhelm the shadows, spilling over to
backyards and sleepy flowers,
filling another sinner's eyes
with hope 


with what do You weave the galaxies?
does the flame move in the same rhythm
as the ocean? what is it about rain that
is heartbreaking and
breathtaking? 
 


i don't understand
how everything You touch becomes beautiful 


You're the greatest artist in history
using trash to create a masterpiece
Masterpiece
me
looking like You?
we've used opposite colors to paint oddly stimulating things
but You take death and give life
You take weakness and turn it into strength
You take a child and give him the greatest name in heaven
the bravest artist in history
how many canvases would Your blood paint, Jesus of Nazareth? 


for i want to live the life of an artist
to be held in madness of spirit until
my pen spills the poetry of Your starry skies
every word shaking the heart until no walls are left 


i want to be an artist
to rise up and fight in the front lines
to stare the enemy in the eyes, show them
what they can never do
to create
because all he does is twist, contort, and lie
devil are you ever satisfied?
i want to dance the dance of salvation until the
prisoners are set free, dance with his fire in my limbs
until the world stops to see
until i feel You dance with me
i want to write songs that will make the darkest demons shudder at the sound of the first note, songs that will reach the chambers of hell to make the devil cry for help
i want to live this life, letting my art be so alive it hurts just to start,
because it means so much 
 


but i am nothing without You
my choreography senseless, my songs empty
if You are not the source 


for it is with Love that you created your art
and that is the secret in every star,
every mountain, every creature, every raindrop. 
 
 



You are love, my Lord
and i'll spend every paintbrush on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment