Thursday, October 22, 2009

ABC

It is midnight and I
surprise myself by giving heart to some words
I thought might just sit in the chambers of my mind
without much flight.
Rhythm is so much worth dying for
than rhyme.
Now if everything in our little peculiar world
had this rhyme to it
What a scare it would be, no?
The galaxies, the planets, the oceans, the animals, the words, the equations
Our
breaths, our motives, our beliefs, our reason, our feelings, our heartbeats
all. perfectly. in rhyme, in time, same sign, in line.
As monotonous as a straight line, dimension one, shortest distance
between two points. Or so they say.
Oh, but think about it!
Let us introduce the slightly- no, always& odd friend. Mr. Triangle
he takes it to dimension two, with three lines, and three points
Picture with me, do you see? The straight line, but ever so clearly
The two other lines that make a mountain, a straight up and down
Between point A. and point B. Is it point C? Possibly. 

Cruel, they cry. Absolutely cruel because frankly
humanity just does not want to climb the mountain of point C
Why are there tears and why do the babies never seem
To find their mothers and why, they scream
is injustice constantly in victory with
the rapists claiming bodies and
murderers gaining lives and
a nation starving, hunger taunted with apathy
Why, I ask
is the world tearing at seams seemingly giving in
falling at the hypocrisy
of what a religion claims to be.
Falling at the corruption
of what the love, the faith, the forgiveness
of what a preacher should live; now all he does is
tell of hellfire and advertise his holiness
The churches that have exploited, that have taken countless lives,
that have blackened the names and given so little space
for the rare, but genuine followers of a man named Jesus Christ.
who died for this very hypocrisy.
for the people who gave their lives up because they knew it was about love, and not hate
Falling into fear
Like, the tough-masked everything's-fine mister who says I can' t get too close to you
because I just might
break
down, because you see I can* t expose my soft side; that kind doesn' t make it in the world anymore
or I don't want to risk my neck for that
because secretly, I want it so bad, my passions are burning so high for that
I might just die if I find out I gave my all and I didn' t measure up.
These are just few, of the many mountains in life. These are the slanted lines
But I guess the road to point C, that treacherous journey up only to know you' re going back down
changes something. Shifts something.
It is so hard to bear, so much harder than taking the straight line
And of course I always wonder why
But oh.
How you gain a dimension when you take on the struggle
How your appreciation takes upon new wings when you finish descending point C
How the perspective atop the mountaintop, when you finally reach it
was worth entirely the struggle of the uphill.
The sweet breath of a life up there, like nothing on land.
The view, indescribable.
So that when you descend again, you take something with you. Every time.
Like how only in darkness, a light can shine its brightest
And in the churning ocean waters, a piece of land cherished above value
Mr. Odd Triangle. Funny how he is able to instruct so much
tangent
maybe you are an individual
there's something about you that's just different.
there's something in you that skyrockets your worth
maybe you are one in a million.
But those who are one in a million, are but only numbers
until they become one for a million
the art of serving someone requires far more character
than the art of leading.
will you wash the feet of men? 

I hope you never settle for the comfort of the straight lines
and that you'd never lose your sense of wonder
and always let your faith have room to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment