Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Author's Burden

Lord when you say write i can only say
right,
i barely have time to breathe as your electricity strikes me
and i can only do so much to keep the flowers spilling from my fingertips
every word exploding into existence rapidly, how long did you wait between
creating each star?

i remember as your poetry flashed through my mind like lightning
humbling me until i was on my knees, asking only
that you'd continue to use every fiber of me for your artistic glory
for the words are yours, my Lord, and you are their only master
to touch the reigns is to touch fire, and Lord
i'm an entire forest trembling

because to your words people dance and sing
to your words armies lay down their weapons
to your words the storm calms, the dead girl rises, the blind man sees
to your words, light enters the stage

and i never want to get in the way of your words

my mind is weak but a part of me is screaming
to let you stretch to me to the limit, is there a limit
to the infinity you place inside us? where you dwell, where we draw our words from

like ancient treasure from the depths of the sea
like secrets whispered to the oldest of oak trees

No comments:

Post a Comment