Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nineteen.

5/14/09

Jesus. All my years, take all my years I press them into your
hands, they're stained with uncertain colors and frayed with broken promises
but I'm trading them for moments with You,
moments that make me forget the concrete walls of time,
what does it matter when You hold me close enough that not even the wind
can find us in this secret place
i'm still the same, still fit in skin and bones unworthy to dance with divinity
just one more year older but
i'm telling you Jesus,
this heart's flying through fire to keep in touch
i know your rhythm is relentless; i
barely shine like fireflies
can't crop a love song into fancy words that any fool can dream up
but oh, Lord,
i thank you for loving me so continuously
like every breath I breathe is a reminder of that constancy
tonight as I collect eighteen I simply ask
the same as the last, truly trembling in spirit and naked in request
i desire all of Thee, to love Thee to astound angels again and again until i meet them in that Morning,
to know Thee in Thy death and resurrection and oh,
to be taken deeper.
thank you for your amazing grace
the only reason for all these
years, and years
and here's to another,
dear Friend and Lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment