Thursday, October 22, 2009

That's what he said.

I don't want to drive a car to your love.
It's
such a waste, missing everything along the way
too quick and rushed and illegitimate
They tell me
Martha Mondays and
Tina Tuesdays
but I don't see you
like that.

They buy you roses for a taste of your lips
take you dancing to get their hands on your hips
as they end the day with a candle-lit dinner
waiting for you to undress, as you convince yourself this one might just love you right; real.
And you let this next one have you, like so many others have

Could i protest?
and fight for your beautiful soul, you are so much more
than your figure
Could i tell you
about God? about a man named Jesus who
gave his life for you to set you free, forever
who loves you more deeply than you could ever imagine
He is the Creator of flowers, showing you new ones every day
and when He takes you to dance, your feet will never hit the ground
He is light that is everlasting
And He is the only reason why


I dare to say,
I love you.

I buy you sunflowers to see the smile in your eyes
take you dancing to show you there is always a reason to rejoice
end the day with a candle-lit dinner to try and light you up with the flame I have inside,
tell you about my Lord of light.
waiting for you to confess, that you have finally fallen in love

with Him.

Because i am just an overflow of His wonder, an unfinished work of the Artist
I love you with His dying breaths upon that Cross, 
I love you with the heart that loved the universe into existence
I love you with the Father's love, to have you understand that you
are a daughter of King, made in His captivating image, meant for divinity

And so, after the dinner

hand in gentle hand,
heart in heart

we can both go Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment